Thursday, June 26, 2008

Home safe and sound

Well, we've made it home. It was an extremely long flight! It was so much worse than the ride over there it made me really sick. From Boise to LA was 3 hours, from LA to Auckland was 12 hours and then from Auckland to Cairns was another 6 hours. The flight was the same on the way back except that I got sick on the trip from Auckland to LA. It was an amazing trip but it is so good to be home. The Mazur family that we stayed with in Australia were so gracious and went out of their way to take care of us. They took us to see so many amazing things and went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable and that we had what we needed. The time change is really throwing me for a loop. I lost all sense of time and day and am still trying to figure it out. It is now 8:00 am on Thursday and I am sitting here dazed because I have been unable to sleep since 11:00 am yesterday morning. I sat up all night long wishing I could go back to sleep but not able to. Part of that could be because I am having a minor procedure today to have two small bumps removed off of my chest. After an ultrasound, it was decided that they were fibroid tumors and that while they wouldn't cause me any harm, I should probably get them removed. Since I am off work anyway, I thought I would go ahead and take care of it. Back to the fun stuff! I will be posting some updates about my trip along with some pictures but thought I would show the highlights first. James was an adrenaline junky and found himself doing all kinds of things. He scuba dived, went bungy jumping and then jumped out of a plane at 14,000 feet to sky dive. I hope you enjoy the videos....

No comments: