Sunday, June 8, 2008

G'Day Mate!!

It's 10:33 pm on the night before we leave for our big vacation. I have stressed myself out so much that I sat down tonight to finish up some work before I leave and can't seem to figure out my wireless connection for my work laptop. So, here I am using time that I should be working....updating my blog. I guess that means that I'll be working a bit tomorrow before we go. For those that we haven't talked to, James and I are leaving for Australia tomorrow!!!! We have been talking about this trip since we got married 8 years ago and finally decided it was time to go. We are traveling with my parents and are really excited to go. THE ITINERARY: We fly out of Boise at 5:30 pm to LA. We then leave LA at 9:30pm for our 14 hour flight to Auckland, New Zealand. We have a 1 hour layover there and then get back on another plane to fly to Cairns, Australia. That is where we will be spending a lot of our time. We have the opportunity to spend 2 1/2 weeks in this beautiful country and are hoping to take advantage of it all! Whether it's scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef, riding a train through the Rain Forest to a city on the top of a mountain or Bungee Jumping...we plan on doing as much as we can. OK, James might be Bungee Jumping but I don't think I'll be participating, because I'm a chicken. I am going to have to wear my air cast while we are there, but it's better than not being able to go. THE PREPARATION: Oh my hell!!!! Between the work stuff, to the house stuff to the financial planning, getting ready for this trip was stressful. Maybe I am a little over cautious but I am making sure that every t is crossed and i dotted. My siblings often make fun of me for my Anal Retentiveness and OCD issues. It reminds me of those damn times tables tests I used to take in the third grade. I was so worried about getting a perfect score on those tests that I often found myself throwing up before every single one of them!!! I just want everything to be done so that nothing goes wrong while we are gone and that if something does happen, it will be easy for someone to pick up the pieces (depressing, I know but none the less realistic). The hardest part of the trip, dropping off the dogs at a friends. (Thanks again Mike and Amanda for taking care of our kids). I'll admit it, I cried the whole way back to my house. We have never left them for that long, and they tend to get a little stressed out when they are away from us. I have had to stop myself from calling to check on them about 5 times and haven't even left town yet. Heaven help us when we do have kids! I am going to try and update my blog while we are gone, so stay tuned and I'll let you know what happens!!! Hopefully I'll get good enough that I can upload some of the pictures we take!!!

No comments: