Thursday, May 29, 2008

Updates

Well, a few more days have passed than I wanted to before I updated my next blog. So I thought I'd update you on a few events.... Tuesday 26th: I went to the Orthopaedic surgeon to get my ankle checked out. For those that don't know, I was playing in a City League Volleyball Game when I came down on my ankle wrong. I thought it was a sprain, and the Parks and Rec guy has some kind of magic in a bottle that numbed my ankle so that I could play in the second game. For a little over a week, I hobbled around on my ankle, ignoring everyones advice to go to the doctor and get it looked at. My response, "Why do I want to pay someone to tell me that I sprained my ankle and to ice and elevate it". Well, I finally gave in and went to a doc in the box who proceeded to take XRays. To my chagrin, he reported back that I had been walking on a fractured ankle (an Avulsion Fracture). So after 2 weeks of crutches (OK, I didn't last the full 2 weeks with the crutches) and a walking boot I went in for a follow up appointment. Happily I accepted the upgraded diagnosis that I was healing and that I could now go to an air cast. The worst case scenario was that I had to have surgery to remove the chipped bone if it wasn't healing back. With my trip to Australia coming up on June 9th, I just didn't have time for surgery so I was very glad to just receive an air cast. That night, my city league volleyball team was coming to the end of our tournament. Thankfully we won that game to send us into finals on Wednesday. Wednesday 27th: Well, we put up a hell of a fight, and let me tell you how frustrating it was to sit and watch as the girls played as hard as they did. It looked like way too much fun. Unfortuntaley we missed the 1st place ranking in the tournament by 2 points in the fifth game to take 2nd place. At least we lost to a really good team and didn't lose it to someone from the losers bracket making their way up. Thursday 29th: I am home from work today, trying to reply to a couple of emails in between naps. I sound like a fog horn and feel like a storm is brewing inside of my head so I'm going to end this blog and take some more drugs....(medicine mom!)

No comments: