Monday, August 11, 2008

Catch Up

Well, I have a little catching up to do, because a lot has happened in the last week. I guess first I should start by letting you know that I took last week off of work (for the most part, I worked a little from home in the mornings) to babysit my nieces while my older sister Janelle went to Oregon. It was definitely an experience and while we had a good time, I learned that I will never have more kids than I have adults to take care of them. So unless I get another husband, we will be having at most two kids! (No mom, I'm not pregnant, just looking into the future).

Anyway, the first night they were here, I thought it would be fun to take them to the Movie In the Park here in Meridian. I had heard about it before but thought we'd check it out. Cableone inflates this large screen and plays a movie in one of the parks every Friday night. The movie that is played changes but is always a kid / family friendly movie. Here are some pics of the event.
The night was starting out to be a good night. The girls were excited for the show and were dancing with Uncle James listening to the music they were playing. There were probably 100 kids running around this park waiting for dusk to come so the movie would start. The park had a play area, so while we were waiting my niece Kristen (pictured in the center above) and her friend Alexia (on her right in the picture above) decided to go play on the toys. It wasn't 15 minutes later and they came running back to us crying in hysterics. It took 5 minutes to even calm Kristen down enough that we could find out what was going on. What we were told blew my mind away. They told us that one of the teenage boys came up and asked them if they "wanted to touch his baby maker".... I just about died.....I took one look at my husband and he knew what was coming next. I said "you need to go handle that" and before I could even finish my sentence he was walking over with Alexia to have her point the kid out. We were thinking this "teenage boy" was going to be about 16 or 17 and just being dumb. We soon found out that this kid was 13 years old!!!
What in the hell is happening in this world that a 13 year old would approach a couple of 9 year olds and ask them a question like that. My husband was successful in getting the boys attention (I think he may have scared the SH*T out of him) and after listening to him deny it, let the police officer that was patrolling know what had occurred. The rest of the night was filled with Kristen clinging to me as if she was terrified for her life. As angry as I was, the boy should have been terrified for his....

No comments: