Friday, July 4, 2008

A few more items to catch up on....

June 30th was a special day for James and I. This was our 8 year wedding anniversay (which means we have officially made it past the 7 year itch, woo hoo). James had to go back to work which meant that I got a day to myself (thanks for that present James) to do whatever I needed to do. I had thought about going back to work as well, but one of the great benefits to working for the bank I do is the vacation time we are given.

If any of you have suggestions for anniversay presents for your husbands or significant others I would really appreciate the advice. James is quite possibly one of the hardest people that I have ever shopped for. This year, I decided that I was going to make it easy on myself and ordered him an Edible Arrangements bouquet. Before you start to question my decision to put that in the blog, you should check out the website.
My husband loves fruits and vegetables, so I thought that a fruit bouquet would be a good gift for him. Well, needless to say it didn't go off as well as I would have liked. We are just getting into golf, but I had already bought him a golf bag and he already has a set of clubs so that didn't help my cause much. Again, gift suggestions are appreciated.
Now, a quick note about my husband. I often listen to the girls at work, complain about their husbands and their habits. "He leaves his clothes on the floor all over the house" or "He doesn't know how to wash a dirty dish". I am able to reply that my husband does neither of those things. James pretty much takes care of the whole house both inside and out. It is not uncommon for him to load the dishes before leaving for work in the morning or to take care of all of the laundry. James also works very hard. He puts in about 50-60 hours a week and then comes home and takes care of the yard and things around the house. The people that he works with know that if he has given his word to do something, that it will get done.
While these are fantastic qualities there are many other things about James that I love. I often joke with James that I must be crazy because I have now been with him for a total of one-third of my life but I think the opposite is more true. I at times wonder how he has put up with me for so long. I will admit that I am not the easiest person to live with and appreciate his patience and support that he gives me.
Probably one of the best attributes that James has is the way he is with kids. Ny nieces and nephews love the chance to play with uncle James as he is as much a big kid as they are little kids). It is apparent how much he loves them whenever he is around them. I know that when the time comes for us to have kids, that he will be a fantastic father. He is eager to play with kids, teach them all that he knows and support them in their future. I love you James and am looking forward to enjoying what ever the future brings.

No comments: