Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

Today was a beautiful day in Boise. I think that our high temperature, while high at 98 degrees, there was a soft wind that took the sting of the sun off a little bit. As I mentioned earlier, James and I have started golfing. I am a member of a Ladies Golf League that golfs once a week. Unfortunately due to my ankle fracture, I have been unable to golf since the end of April. I am scheduled to go back in to the doctor because it doesn't appear to be healing. After two months, I am still dealing with the swelling and stiffness and now believe that the bone chip may have gotten into my ankle joint.
Well, I decided yesterday that it might be a good idea to test out the ankle. Today James and I met up with my dad and mom and my aunt and her friend to go golfing. I am still terrible at the sport, but hope to improve each time I go out. While that is the goal, it is not happening as fast as I would like it to. The ankle held up OK, but mainly because I had my tennis shoes on all day so the swelling had to stay in my ankle, and couldn't escape to my foot. My dad is a great golfer and while I feel bad for holding up his golf game, I appreciate the advice he gives to me on the game. Well, now that I'm a little caught up I am going to go to bed but will update more later. I hope you all have a Happy 4th of July.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your ankle is still swollen! So much for my diagnosis of "It's just a sprain." Good luck at the doc and I'll be waiting to hear an ankle update!

Hilary said...

Holy Ankle!! Yeah I think its time to go back to the doctor. Hope it feels better soon.

BS and the Kids said...

I am so glad you started a blog!!! Your ankle needs some serious attention. Your trip to Australia looked like so much fun, thanks for sharing.