Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Project List

Today is a day of celebration! I have had a few items on my "Project List" for almost 6 months that are just now getting completed! One of these items, my roof has actually been on my list for about a year. Our house is about 10 years old, however we have had a big problem with losing shingles during wind storms. We were told it was something to do with the way that they were installed, but either way we have had neighbors return shingles back to us that have ended up in their yard. James has attempted to repair the roof, but when my roof started looking like a patch work quilt, we decided to call in the professionals. Today they came and started the repairs. What a relief! Tomorrow I will finally be able to cross off two more items from my "Project List". While our house is plumbed for central vac, the previous home owners that built the home never installed a tank. After trying to find a really good vaccum (with two dogs and two cats it's got to be a great one) we finally decided to go with central vac. I am so excited because installation day is tomorrow. Along with installing the tank in the garage, they are going to cutout a small part of my wall and install a floor vent so that when I sweep my kitchen floors, I can just suck it up! The last item that I'll be able to cross off my list is our new water softener. I came home from the gym one Saturday afternoon to find a solid stream of water shooting out about 6 feet into my garage originating at my water softener. Needless to say it was time for a new one. The best part of these last two repairs is that we have someone that is going to install both the water softener and the central vac for just $250.00. I'm not sure if James is more excited to get the projects done, or to get me off of his back about getting the projects done. Now if he can just get the cabinets in the garage built, life would be fantastic! I have to laught at myself sometimes because I am often reminded of just how old I am, because I get excited about getting my central vac installed. Even worse, I can hardly wait to sweep my kitchen into my new floor vent! UGH, I'M OLD. I remember when James and I got married and we bought our first washer and dryer. I could hardly wait to call one of my friends, Jill and tell her about our new domestic purchase. I can picture her now shaking her head and calling me a dork. Hey, I'll admit it, I get excited about buying things for our house. OK, you can all agree with Jill, I am a dork.

1 comment:

BS and the Kids said...

I have to comment, because the thought of Jill made me smile, and then the thought of her calling you a dork really made me laugh. It sounded so right. Great to see the list getting smaller, always a good sign.